Published on November 14th, 2013 | by Bags Hooper0
13 Focus Points on Ben 10: Omniverse ‘Duel of the Duplicates’
What better way to enter the holiday season than with a Ben 10: Omniverse 3-part story arc?
“Duel of the Duplicates” kicks off this weekend in “The Ultimate Heist.” We’ve had a chance to preview all three episodes, and revel in the Tennyson antics, alien transformations, surprises and plot twists. The rush took me back to “The Forge of Creation” episode of Ben 10: Ultimate Alien. It was in that story that we first met “Ultimate Kevin” – the events of which nearly led to Kevin and the universe’s demise.
Thankfully, we got through all that drama. “Duel of the Duplicates” may not feature Ultimate Kevin, but the events of this arc will surely ripple throughout the rest of the season.
Without giving away any major spoilers, here are 13 Focus Points on “Duel of the Duplicates”:
– Albedo is back and he still wants revenge on (guess who?)… Azmuth. Although Albedo has a slightly different look from when he was first introduced, he still painfully loves those darned chili fries.
– If you thought Argit had a big ego before, it will only get bigger after “The Ultimate Heist.”
– Get ready to see a very unique version of Albedo’s Galvan form. Here’s a hint: It will remind you of a certain obscure Marvel Comics villain.
– Where would the plumbers be without science? Expect galaxy wide Tennyson DNA scans, using questionable hygiene analysis techniques.
– You’ll be able to test your knowledge of each alien’s natural predators – much to Ben’s chagrin.
– Yes, Grandpa Max will be making an appearance, as well as a few other Ben 10 favorites.
– Remember the Nemetrix… or was that the Ripoffitrix? Well, it’s back? Well, sort of. Beware.
– Ben will put multiple foots in multiple mouths with his cavalier attitude. Unfortunately, his remarks will lead him into a chase through an icy tundra, desert and underground cavern.
– Expect over twenty different alien transformations in Part 2: “A Fistful of Brains.” Things get really good in this episode so don’t miss it. Lots of potential repercussions.
– Did I just see a new alien? Guess what it’s named? Can’t say.
– Practical jokes and gross behavior will come from a very odd and unexpected place. And, no, it’s not Ben this time.
– There will be plenty of villainous clichés like: “you’re too late”, “had enough” and “once and for all”!!
– You’ll find out why the Omnitrix doesn’t work as well as Ben would like it to.
Be sure to tune into Ben 10: Omniverse, Saturday, Nov 16 at 9/8C on Cartoon Network for the start of “Duel of the Duplicates.”
Check out these stills from “The Ultimate Heist”: