Ben 10: Omniverse kicks off this Saturday, with a new Omnitrix, new villains and a new “Hero Time” team.
It’s sad to say goodbye to Gwen and Kevin Levin. I had grown accustomed to the team as well as the “bro” antics between Kevin and Ben. When Ben 10: Omniverse begins, Gwen is heading off to college and the Ivy League. Kevin finds an apartment off campus and goes with Gwen.
Although our old team has broken up like Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, the one-hour premiere is filled with excitement and laughs.
Without giving away too many spoilers, here are 11 Focus Points on the Ben 10: Omniverse Series premiere.
- Although the series begins with young Ben, we’ll have to wait and see how young Ben and present-day Ben’s stories coincide.
- We get a great uncomfortable moment between Ben and Kevin when the two part ways. It’s a satisfying goodbye, especially after the events in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- The character of Pakmar is introduced. He’s a small businessman who will show up throughout the series, always catching the downside of Hero Time. He’s like the Kenny character on South Park – bad luck follows him around. Expect lots of comedic scenes with Pakmar.
EDITOR’S PICK: 23 Photos of Ben 10: Omniverse Impressive Toy Line
- Thanks to Grandpa Max, Rook joins Ben as his new partner. Rook uses a weapon called a Prototool that can switch into several weapons, including a standard blaster as well as a bow and arrow. It’s an impressive weapon and the toy should be a cool role-play item.
- Listen out for “Old MacDonald Had a Farm” during the scene where Rook is introduced. The composer snuck it the music bed at just the right “rooster” moment.
- Bloxx and Feedback are two of Ben’s new transformations. Bloxx is the more “comedic” transformation. His power works like Lego building blocks, which constantly rebuild their shape when damaged. By the way, there may be new aliens, but Spider Monkey is still there. YAY!
- Ben continues to blow up things and cause damage to property, while “helping” people.
- Earth is an open system. We’ll see aliens and humans together as if it’s business as usual.
- Psyphon is back. He has a new look and now people call him Master. Times have indeed changed.
- Rook is fresh out of the Plumbers’ Academy and plays everything by the book. He may be a total stiff when it comes to personality, but his odd couple relationship with Ben doesn’t lack humor. Ben will be coaching him on the finer points of untrained hero activity as well as comedy.
“Don’t force it, Rook. Let the wise crack come to you.” – Ben
- There is a new villain in town called Khyber the Huntsman. He has a dog that can change into alien animals just as easily as Ben.
You can catch the premiere of Ben 10: Omniverse on Saturday morning, Sept 22nd at 9/8C.