Jim Beaver Talks Ghosts, Return to Justified for Season 4 & Supernatural Season 8

by Bags Hooper on July 24, 2012 · 8 comments

in Interviews, San Diego Comic-Con 2012, Supernatural

Is it better to be dead or come back as a ghost?

In this interview with Supernatural star Jim Beaver (as Bobby), we discuss Bobby’s return from the grave this past season. Beaver shares some of the highs of his return as well as regrets.

Beaver also confirms his return to Kentucky in Justified Season 4 as Sheriff Shelby and gives us a taste of what it was like to work on Breaking Bad.

Are you looking forward to another ghostly return from Bobby or do you want to see him come back in human form when new episodes of Supernatural premiere this Fall?

See the full interview below:

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Misha July 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm

“But Supernatural’s home, you know?” AWWWW! BRING BOBBY BACK!!!!

Cas Ryan July 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm

bored of this now just leave him be the show has a habit of killing people then bringing them back its getting old

JensenFan July 25, 2012 at 12:01 am

I’d love to see Bobby back. He and Cass did add a lot of value to the show. But I do realise it would take the sheen off a little bit. With regards to bringing Bobby back… its like u’re damned if u do and damned if you dont. Good luck to writers on this one.

Sarah Joseph July 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm

apparently Jim regretfully turned down a guest spot on NCIS to be at SDCC, and join the Supernatural panel…  kinda makes me think he’s not entirely out of the picture!

Thalionfae July 25, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Is this Supernatural or Dragon ball Z??? What’s with all the resurrections! Death no longer has a meaning in this show…

Cindy Shufelt July 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I would really rather see Bobby back in flashbacks or dreams. The Winchesters, Sheriff Mills and Garth have memories they could draw on. That would allow Bobby to return but it wouldn’t cheapen his death.

Jim B. September 17, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Bobby should not have been killed off in the first place. This was the action of a show runner who has been replaced and for good reason. I am sure that his return will be handled well. Sam and Dean need somewhere to turn at times and they ended last season with possibly nobody reasonable to fill that role. Bobby and Castiel are key characters. It is either bring both back or create important new characters that would have to be explained as to why they haven’t been part of the boys lives for 8 years. It seems easier to write Bobby and Castiel back into the show.

Liz3!! December 5, 2012 at 8:56 am

I really miss Bobby!!!! Wish he could be brought back!!! But I have all three seasons of deadwood so I watch it all the time and I can’t wait till season four of justifited!!! At least Jim is on other shows!! I love his work!!!!!!