Published on May 24th, 2012 | by Sean Bell2
‘The Hunger Games’ DVD and Blu-ray Releases Set for Midnight Launch in August
Before The Avengers set the box office on fire earlier this month, it was all about The Hunger Games, which has made an impressive run at almost $400 million in North American sales ($650 million globally). The key to that success was the young fans of Suzanne Collins’ novel of the same name and ever-increasing star of one Jennifer Lawrence.
Come August, those young fans will have a chance to experience Panem and Katniss Everdeen’s coming-of-age tale right in the comfort of their homes with The Hunger Games on Blu-ray and DVD. Taking a cue from The Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games home video packages will get a special midnight release on August 18.
For those that go beyond just the viewing of the movie itself, here’s a look at cover art, a trailer and bonus features on both the DVD and Blu-ray releases:
• “The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games” – an eight-part documentary covering
the “making of” the film in all aspects from the pre-production process all the way through the
theatrical release and fan reactions
• “Game Maker: Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games Phenomenon” featurette
“Letters from the Rose Garden” featurette – insights from Donald Sutherland on the development of his role as President Snow
• “Controlling the Games” featurette – stories and concepts behind creating the control center
• “A Conversation with Gary Ross and Elvis Mitchell”
• Propaganda Film (in its entirety)
• Marketing Archive
• “Preparing for The Games: A Director’s Process”