Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Rolls into Production Next Week

by Bags Hooper on May 19, 2012 · 24 comments

in Sons of Anarchy

Get ready for Sons of Anarchy to Blast Off on all cylinders this Fall. Showrunner Kurt Sutter announced today that SOA will begin principal photography on the Season 5 premiere on Monday, May 21.

That’s great news for fans who will be looking out for more SAMCRO action at San Diego Comic Con 2012. Once again, we’ll be on the scene to get the latest interviews with Sutter as well as the principal cast members. We’ll definitely be looking to hear what Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman and Katie Sagal have to say regarding the upcoming season and the shift in power from Clay to Jax on the series. Sutter says that he hopes to have some major actor reveals and stories ready for fans by July 4 (another new hair style for Jax perhaps?), so look forward to another 4-minute teaser come Comic Con.

SOA Executive Producer Paris Barclay will be directing the premiere. Regarding the cast, Sutter called the first table read of the pre-production season a “family reunion.”

EDITOR’S PICK: Brace Yourselves ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Fans, Bad Ass Damon Pope Has Been Cast

Sutter states: “It’s really cool. It feels like a family reunion. like when you get together with your family every year at Thanksgiving or Christmas… It’s just a really fantastic, extended, dysfunctional family and I love them all very much.”

Check out the latest episode of WTF Sutter, where the showrunner discusses the new choice for Damon Pope [Possible Spoiler], the father of the woman Tig killed during the Season 4 finale.

What are you looking forward to most when Sons of Anarchy returns?

{ 24 comments }

Shaun H May 19, 2012 at 3:30 am

who types these articles?? “we’ll be on the seen to get the latest interviews ”

seen? really? thats like 4th grade english class..

Regnurse2004 May 21, 2012 at 3:35 am

i love the sons

Mbain1972 May 21, 2012 at 3:50 am

Ready, bring it on………….love the show

Natsguitar May 21, 2012 at 8:15 am

LIfe is better with SOA! no matter how crappy I’m feelin’, I always feel better watchin’ an episode or two of Sons of Anarchy. CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON FIVE TO START! SAMCRO FOR LIFE! HAHA!

Natsguitar May 21, 2012 at 8:15 am

Cbubbles82 May 21, 2012 at 9:00 am

I love SOA …..Cant wait for another season…just wish tht the season shows were longer than wht they are…..takes way to long to wait for another season

Kelley Pisaturo May 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

i’m sitting here bitng my nails can’t wait hurrry

MISSTITANSFAN1 May 21, 2012 at 9:10 am

Would love a longer season.  I miss my S.O.A

Shari Moore69 May 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

I know I and the rest of the world are sitting on edge of seat waiting for the return of S.O.A. series ……. So ready for season five !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gcleary317 May 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

Im the biggest S.O.A. fan there is I have all 4 seasons I cant wait till season 5 I loved season 3 for one I’m Irish and it was in Ireland but season 4 was awesome jax’s is leader cant wait to see what stories pan out this season hope S.O.A. runs as long or longer than the saprano’s and the shield.

Shadesoftruth May 21, 2012 at 11:44 am

I love SOA..but Kurt owes me after that mind blowingly stupid season finale.

Helena Hanbasket May 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

KURT OWES YOU? Oh, REALLY?  After all he has put into the series all of the seasons, and continues to put into it I am amazed that ANYONE would make such an idiotic statement, but the reality is that MOST everyone seems to think the world “owes them”.

maryjo May 21, 2012 at 5:36 pm

lighten up helena…it was just a personal expression..i doubt shades is that egocentric!   lol…u sound kinda angry?  and who doesn’t realize that kurt sutter brought us this amazing series :)      as far as “owing” …americans are brought up to highly value their own unique identities and ideas, expressions etc…again, dont’ think that was the context in which shades meant his statement of “owing him”.  He was stating that he was disappointed in the finale and that was HIS way of expressing it.  LIGHTEN UP :P

Helena Hanbaskett August 24, 2012 at 1:02 am

And you speak for him? Hmmmmm… k

Jdbnks May 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm

REALLY !!  A FUKIN YEAR HIATUS… GET YOUR UMMMM SHIT UMMM TOGETHER UMMM  SUTTER and ummm

Helena Hanbaskett August 24, 2012 at 1:02 am

DORK

maryjo May 21, 2012 at 5:42 pm

love the show, it’s the best out there!  wish kurt sutter would talk more naturally in this webcast, it would make listening to him alot more enjoyable.  He talks like he is “painfully” aware of the cam…..love ya kurt sutter, katie sagal and the entire cast of this awesome series.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxox gemma rules!

maryjo May 21, 2012 at 5:45 pm

ie. as in he was kidding around, to put it more simply.

Tray Leonardis May 21, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Can’t wait for the new season – the new story line – and see the cast…It will be nice to have a show on that doesn’t think the audience consist of a bunch of morons….

Piperlopes May 21, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Hey kurt, SOA is my favorite show ever!!!!! Why is it that you can’t have a longer season and be on tv till may like a lot of shows are? I need more episodes!!!!!
Piper Lopes your shows biggest fan!!!!!!!

Kim May 22, 2012 at 5:32 pm

to piperlopes: because people would loose interest. I wouldnt, but alot of people will. if you keep the season’s short, people can’t wait for the next one!….like us! :o )

Alansinclair May 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm

the only reason it takes sooo long between seasons u ever rode a bike in winter?

Weinert1 May 26, 2012 at 12:21 am

Can’t wait for season 5 I’m 60 years old where my hoodies all the time .LOVE YOU GUYS

hop over to this website December 4, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I just want to tell you that I am new to blogging and site-building and definitely loved you’re web site. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your blog post . You actually come with incredible writings. Many thanks for sharing your website page.

Comments on this entry are closed.