Paleyfest 2012: Chuck Zito Cast As A Charming Nomad in Season 5 of ‘Sons of Anarchy’

by Ernie Estrella on March 8, 2012 · 74 comments

in Casting, PaleyFest 2011, Sons of Anarchy

chuck zito sons of anarchy casting season 5There is an interesting casting that was announced at Paleyfest 2012 that Sons of Anarchy fans will want to know about. Creator and showrunner Kurt Sutter told THR that celebrity body guard, actor, radio show host and ex-Hell’s Angel, Chuck Zito (Oz) will join SOA in Season 5 where he will play a nomad who wanders into Charming. Sutter also said that the role of Damien Pope, who was introduced in the Season 4 finale has yet to be filled.

There’s an interesting back story to this casting. Zito had pitched a show about a motorcycle club called Nomads (AKA The Wild Angels) to FX chief John Landgraf back in 2004. FX passed and in 2006 went forward with Sutter’s Sons of Anarchy. Zito eventually sued FX for $5 million in the spring of 2010 and lost this past December 2011, when it was ruled that SOA was independently created. THR followed up with Zito who stated that he and Sutter “Buried the hatchet,” and looks forward to joining cast in the new season.

The hatchet he is referring to is some fairly harsh words Sutter had on his blog for those who claimed Sons of Anarchy to be a stolen idea. He has since taken them down from his blog because he believed that his words might have caused tension between Zito and members of the Motorcycle Club community that Sutter uses as technical advisers for the show. We’re glad they were able to put this behind them as Zito should be a great addition to the cast.

Now it will be interesting to see just what kind of “nomad” Zito will be. Will he be a nomad, in the literal sense that’s just passing through Charming for an episode or a limited story arc? Or will he be a Nomad, as in a member of a rival bike club that Zito based his show pitch on? If you’ve heard Zito’s stories on his occasional radio show on Howard Stern’s Sirius Channel 101, or you’ve watched him in Oz, you know that Zito can be one scary and intimidating mofo; so he’ll be a great addition to SOA. Let’s just hope he’ll talk about his experiences shooting his episodes on his radio show in the future.

We’ll have to wait to find out who’s side he’s on, but until then, let the speculation begin.

{ 74 comments… read them below or add one }

Annie Scott April 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I would I live with one

Amkpowell May 1, 2012 at 1:11 am

give it time baby girl

Adolfo Sanchez July 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

this punk ass bitch who call’s himself god of hells angels sits behide a computer and talks so much shit about people  who would distroy his ass if he ever met a hells angel. mike yuvsuck instead of writing shit go out and tell it to their faces. im sure their not hard to find,especially chuck zito who would make you cry like the bitch you are.  your the same ass hole who writes under different names

Adolfo Sanchez July 18, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Hey Mike Suckass, you keep posting all these blogs under different names, guess what. nobody cares what you have to say, your a pathetic little bitch who hides behind a computer and talks shit about people who you would be sucking their dicks if you ever met a Hells Angel
Go out and find them, their in every city, state and country, I bet they would love to meet you, you guys would have so much to talk about.
 God of the Hells Angel. the only thing you’re God of is their cocks. start sucking Punk!
 By the way,I use my real name, this is one Latino who don’t give a fuck, and a Hells Angel Supporter. AFFA

Andrew July 18, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Latino………… you said a mouth full. you are the man. this other guy should get a life.

He’s got to be gay,…. he’s in love with Chuck Zito,…the way he is always talking about Mr. Zito.   LOL

Holly July 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Here we have a person, don’t know what it is man,women,kid we know for sure asshole, who sits behind a computer and writes all this bullshit about Hells Angels and a long standing member Chuck Zito who would eat this guy for lunch and spit him out.
Talking about, Mike  Yevtuck, aka God of the Hells Angels, aka Justsaying,aka Strectman,aka East LA, aka Katyfan,aka Kurts Rules,aka GBH, aka BabyBoy,aka GCB,aka Cash etc.etc.etc,etc.
Why don’t you give it up already, and get a life. and stop talking about Hells Angels and Chuck Zito. It just proves that everyone knows about the Hells Angels and Chuck Zito, and nobody ever heard about your sorry little ass.
Your jealous of Chuck Zito and every thing he has done in his life, who now stars on the 5th season of Sons of Anarchy, Kurt Sutter is a great writer on a great show who will bring to his fans come Sept.     Do us fans a favor asshole, go away!

Steve July 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

Mike, all these people are right, you are a big ass hole.

THOR July 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Mr.Mike Yevtuck,  I am a HELLS ANGEL, and live at 77 East 3rd. Street in New York City.  Please come down and knock on the door, ask for THOR, I would like to buy you a drink and we can dicuss all these blogs you keep posting on various sites. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Gene July 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Yevtucks just sayin,…….. A Chuck Zito wannabe. “Zito’s a real living Legend”

Get Real Yevtuck,….Now I’m Just Sayin.   81 Supporter A.F.F.A.

Donna July 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm

These comments are from the same person, all these posters are right.
This Mike God Dude is in love with Chuck Zito and The Hell’s Angels.

Michael Yevtuck July 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I am not a coward cunt like Chuck Zito I will kick chuck Zitos ribs in today if he agrees to fight I don’t have to train to beat a cunt like Chuck Zito up.
I don’t make excuses I fight,

I am the God of the USA hells angels and and the real street justice I am always ready to prove it./

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Chuck why don’t you talk for yourself you fucking faggot.

Keep sucking cock you cock sucking freak I will smack you around just like old times.
 you know that you are a  weak ass cock sucking freak thats why U won’t use your name because then You would have to show up and get busted up like a women or child USa hells angels victim

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I am here ready to fight faggot./ I don’t control the internet and who uses my name .

I am the God of the USA hells angels and thor is just a cock sucking coward like any other USa hells angels.

I am not a coward like Chuck Zito and the USa hells angels I don’t need excuses I am always ready to fight. I am the God of the USA hells angels lets see chuick Zito or any USa hells angels chapter stand up against me

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

really lets see you cowards stand against the God of the USA hells angels . Lets see chucvk Zito stop sucking Kurt sutters cock for chump change and lets see that fag fight me for a real pay check.

No excuse freaks

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Chuck Use your name you freak coward bitch

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Yevtucks jusy saying chuck Zito is a coward and a cunt bitch like all USA hells angels thats what yevtucks Just sayin you feathered freaking filthy cunt coward USA hells angel cunt

Michael Yevtuck July 30, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Chuck Zito you gay ass cock sucking freak why don’t you fight me for money instead of licking Kurt Sutters asshole ?
You scared bitch.

whats kurt paying your dump ass 500 US dollars a episode manybe 1000 there is only 13 episodes you cunt U can make far more then that fighting me you fucking coward bitch

Vinny Vegas August 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Mike Yevtuck,

Chuck Zito is not hard to find, lets see how tough you really are, and say all this bullshit you keep writing to his face,……….. Who’s the Bitch now!

Al Wolf Stann October 3, 2012 at 11:12 pm

look at the size of that guys fist. would you want to get hit with that?? where the heck does he buy gloves?

Michael Yevtuck October 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hey Chuck Zito you cowardly cock sucking freak I am calling you out to fight.

EVERYONE posing Here Chuck Zito has no excuse other then he is a Chicken

AL Bundy December 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

It turns Chuck Zito has been knocked around By this Mike Yevtuck Guy ever since Chuck Zito became a Hellsangels member. They say this Mike Yevtuck fellow goes around beating up the gang because when he was a child The hells angels hurt some kids he was friends with. Thats dedication he won’t allow that gang to hurt another child i.

Al Bundy December 12, 2013 at 8:56 pm

This Guy is Mike Yevtuck 97 pacific Blvd. Cliffwood beach NJ 07735 . 7326731269 , Chuck Zito is so scared of this man Chuck will never accept a fight challenge Chuck is looking to get this man locked up thats why Zito wants this man to hit him in a public event so police will lock him up and Chuck won’r have to admit he is scared to fight.

Tony April 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

If that was true there are too many HA and no way could this guy get away with the stuff he says. He has to be in hiding lol…

Tony April 23, 2014 at 12:31 pm