Published on February 10th, 2012 | by Kelly Sater1
Project Runway All Stars Episode 6: Fashion Face Off – The Final 8
The designers went head to head on last night’s episode of Project Runway All Stars. This week each designer chose an overnight bag and inside the bag was a season. With only 8 designers left that meant each season had two designers. They had to create a look based on the season that the customer could take with them on an overnight trip. The catch this week was the each pair would face off on the runway, one designer would have a high score and the other would end up in the bottom.
The pairs were as follows:
Fall: Mila vs. Rami
Summer: Mondo vs. Kenley
Spring: Austin vs. Kara
Fall: Michael vs. Jerell
The pressure of the face off was enough to create some workroom drama this week.Normally I don’t like Jerell but he had a point last night when Michael ripped off his look. Michael had a completely different look in the beginning then threw it out after he looked at Jerell’s. That’s inappropriate. Even Joanna saw the similarities. Joanna had all the designers weigh in and they all sided with Jerell. Michael really didn’t have a leg to stand on. His only hope would have been to let his work speak for itself.
The looks hit the runway but this time with an interesting twist. The paired looks went to the catwalk side by side. The judges were Georgina, Angela, Isaac and guest judge this week was designer Cynthia Rowley.
- Austin – His high waist khaki pants with the floral top and cardigan was a little granny. The other judges thought look was too boring.
- Kara – Her look was very simple with solid white pants, purple top and a grey cardigan. The designers thought her look wasn’t anything special, although it did look effortless and comfortable.
High Score: Kara
- Kenley- Her look this week was a polka dot high neck romper. It was cute and read Kenley. The judges loved it, they thought it was simple but it had high impact.
- Mondo: His black and white shorts with black and white polka dot shirt was a miss. The look was OK but the judges hated it. They thought the shorts weren’t flattering and his styling was confusing. Mondo was devastated since he hoped to win this challenge for his mother’s birthday.
High Score: Kenley
- Rami- His royal blue jacket with the suede detail was gorgeous, so unique but still flattering. Too bad the judges didn’t like the green top underneath; the a-symmetrical details made her look lopsided.
- Mila- Her khaki cape and cigarette pants looked great. The red top peeking through added the right amount of color. The judges thought it was chic and wearable.
High Score: Mila
- Jerell – When the Judges commented on the fact that Michael’s and his coats looked similar Jerell basically told the judges he thought Michael took his look. It didn’t matter since Jerell’s coat was beautiful and could stand on it’s own. The judges liked that it was functional and true to Jerell’s bohemian look.
- Michael – His black and grey wool jacket with black leggings was chic. The judges thought it was polished. Although Cynthia thought it was for an older customer.
High Score: Jerell.
In a tough deliberation Jerell was named the winner of this challenge. We all know I’m not a Jerell fan but his look was truly the best this week. It speaks volumes that he didn’t throw out his look when he saw Michael making the same thing. He stuck to his guns and won the challenge. The elimination was down to Rami and Austin. In a huge upset Rami was voted out. It’s terrible that his jacket this week was one of the best designs of the season. Too bad his green shirt underneath was tragic.