This week, many of the CW shows are returning from the midseason (some would say too long) hiatus—including one of its most talked about shows, The Vampire Diaries.
The show continued to be on a tear this season burning through stories and characters both figuratively and literally. When we last left everyone in Mystic Falls, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) continued to get close; Rebekah (Claire Holt) and Elijiah (Daniel Gillies) were “dead” with daggers in them; Mikael (Sebastian Roché) was killed; and Stefan (Paul Wesley) was able to get out from under Klaus’ thumb, while at the same time, absconding with his family in their coffins to some hidden place.
So what are the 5 things fans should expect from new episodes starting this Thursday? Spoilers abound, but they’re only really bad when you click the links.
1. When an original vampire is staked, they rarely stay down. We’ve already seen Rebekah and Elijiah get “over” there staking once before… so it shouldn’t be a shock to hear that at least one of them will be making a return to the show later this season.
2. Alaric will finally get a good story. Many fans breathed a sigh of relief when Alaric somehow remained alive after Klaus took over his body last season—but since then, he hasn’t really had much to do other than mope and break up his bromance with Damon. (Something that is slowly ending). But with a recent casting of a potential new love interest, it sounds like Alaric will finally get his own storyline.
3. Tyler isn’t done being Klaus’ bitch, even if he won’t admit it. It’s already led to a few fights with his friends, and it might continue to cause heartache with Caroline, but at the very least, we’re going to have to assume he’s going to have to pick a team by the end of the season.
4. Bonnie is going to continue to have family issues. Especially after a certain reunion takes place.
5. Damon and Elena are going to hook up. At least a little.
The producers obviously refuse to confirm this, but even they have to admit that Elena can’t deny the romantic tension anymore. Well duh.
Check out the still gallery below from “The New Deal”. What do you think of Jeremy and his crossbow?
Jeremy, like Elena, starts realizing he needs to become more of a warrior in the battle against Klaus.
Damon and Elena continue to grow closer–no doubt, as Stefan becomes more alienated and alone.
If Klaus can’t get Stefan to tell him where his family coffins are… perhaps he can get it out of Damon?
Click thumbnails to enlarge:
*Photos Courtesy of the CW
Alan Danzis is a lifelong TV watcher, especially of serialized dramas. In his top five list of all time, you’ll find The Shield, The Wire, Deadwood, Lost and Friday Night Lights. (He’s not sure where Mad Men and Breaking Bad go yet since they haven’t finished airing.) But his favorite thing to watch are the sci-fi shows, like Battlestar Galactica, anything British and sci-fi, and shows with vampires. He even put up with Terra Nova, because, well, it had dinosaurs and time travel–you had him at just one of those things. If you can stand his nerdy interests, you can follow him on Twitter at @adanzis.
Full Disclosure: Alan Danzis works at Ketchum Public Relations, which is his day job. His opinions here are his own and do not reflect the opinions of Ketchum, nor the clients Ketchum works with. His BuzzFocus.com writing is wholly unrelated.