Published on July 21st, 2011 | by Bags Hooper1
Mass Effect 3 & Star Wars Public Gaming Opens Up Comic Con
Although Comic Con had its kick-off last night at preview night, the real fun begins today for core gamers. Bioware has opened up Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Dragon Age II Legacy DLC at SDCC to the public. The great news is that you don’t need a comic con pass to check it out. So if you were one of those con goers hoping to buy a scalped ticket, just to play some Mass Effect, forget it.
The game will be playable at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, right across the street from the convention center.
Thursday, July 21st (Time: 12pm – 9pm)
Friday, July 22nd (Time: 12pm – 10pm)
Saturday, July 23rd (Time: 12pm – 9pm)
Sunday, July 24th (Time: 11am – 5pm)
If you are a Con attendee, additional news about these games will be revealed at the following panels:
Star Wars: The Old Republic
– Hands-on demos as one of eight playable classes in the Origin Worlds of Hutta, Ord Mantell, Tython or Korriban
– Participate in the Star Wars: The Old Republic panel titled “Join Us, It Is Your Destiny” and hear from the developers of Star Wars: The Old Republic as they discuss development of a story-driven MMO and debut new gameplay footage.
Thursday, July 21st 3:30-4:30PM PST @ Room 6BCF
– Join Star Wars: The Old Republic senior writer Alexander Freed at the Dark Horse and BioWare panel, discussing his latest comic series set in the time of The Old Republic, The Lost Suns.
Saturday, July 23rd 4:00-5:00 PST @ Room 23ABC
Mass Effect 3
– Touchdown on the Mass Effect universe in this first-time public hands-on with Mass Effect 3 as the galactic war against a devastating alien race begins and it’s up to you as Commander Shepard to unleash all-out war to take back Earth and prevent Universal extinction. New weapons and upgrades alongside powerful new player abilities will be available for the first time ever.
– Join Casey Hudson, Executive Producer, of the Mass Effect series as he speaks on the Legendary Pictures panel to uncover more details about the blockbuster sci-fi series debut on the big screen.
Friday, July 22nd 12:45 PM PST @ Room 6BCF
– Lead Writer of Mass Effect, Mac Walters will be participating in a Dark Horse Comics panel to discuss the vast worlds of Mass Effect and how their narratives helped to create a new sci-fi and fantasy comic phenomena.
Saturday, July 23rd 4:00 PM PST @ Room 23ABC
Dragon Age II
– Dig deeper into Hawke’s past and experience the public debut of the upcoming Dragon Age II Legacy DLC. Be the first to play this epic DLC pack featuring brand new environments and enemies as Hawke digs for answers in his past.
– Get a glimpse into the next literary expansion of the critically acclaimed Dragon Age series as lead writer David Gaider joins the Tor Books panel to discuss the upcoming release of the novel Dragon Age Asunder.
Friday, July 22nd 10:00AM PST @ Room 32AB
– Taking The Guild formula to Dragon Age writer/actor Felicia Day and a panel of the creative minds behind Dragon Age: Redemption discuss what happens when you take the winning formula of The Guild to the established dark fantasy universe of Dragon Age.
Thursday, July 21st at 11:00 AM PST @ Room 7AB