It’s virtually impossible to watch classic movies like Back to the Future and not secretly wish that you had access to a Delorean and enough straight road to hit 88 miles per hour.
That’s why Telltale Games is gearing up to release a Back to the Future game, one that is hopefully much better than the LJN ones of the nineties. The new game will be episodic in nature, taking Marty McFly and Doc Emmett Brown on a whole new adventure..
IGN has posted some new screenshots of the game, which is initially coming to Mac and PC owners and later to Playstation 3 and iPad gamers. In their interview with Mike Stemmle, co-designer at Telltale, they expose some bits of the game including:
* Marty will be the only playable character
* Iconic places/items will be in the game (The Delorean, The Clock Tower, Hill Valley, etc)
* There will be many puzzle aspects to the game
* The game will feature the voice of Christopher Lloyd.
* The story will happen months after the events of the third movie (though that means that Doc Brown either reconstructed the Delorean or built a new one)
* Telltale is working with Bob Gale (co-screenwriter of the films with Robert Zemeckis)
These screens look great, though we hope the gameplay is up to par. If so, it has the potential of being a great hit. Keep checking back for its release date, which is expected to be this December.